Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#41581 by maqueso
Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:31 pm
I bought a hub just 2 days ago, and it has not been a good experience with this unit. Tech support has not been helpfull at all from what they're telling me, it takes 48 hours for an escalated call to be answered, how does this company think that is going to survive in the future with such bad support? I'm begining to think that it was a big mistake to buy the unit, Magic Jack simply WORKS.
#41587 by Aveamantium
Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 pm
These are user forums (with the occasional mod popping in here and there) so if you would like some help please post what issues you are having.
#41602 by southsound
Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 pm
maqueso wrote:I'm begining to think that it was a big mistake to buy the unit, Magic Jack simply WORKS.

You can buy a lot of magicjacks fo the price of an ooma Telo or hub. The difference, if you care to understand it, is quality of the product and service. Complaining here does very little good. On the other hand, if you would like us to help you get your system working better than any phone service you have ever had, let us know what is happening and how you have your sysem configured. We'd love to help but have little respect for those who want to complain and don't want to have good service. Your choice. Sorry to sound harsh but many of us are extremely happy with ooma. We believe we can improve your experience as well. Why not give it a shot?
#41615 by maqueso
Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 am
Ok, here are the frustrating issues as of today:
Today the hub tab finally turned blue after leaving the hub unplugged overnight, yesterday the hub would stay blinking red so as a result I had no phone for the day, after pluging the hub in I got a dial tone and made a phone call which workded. After making I hung up everything seemed fine but it turns out that I can't receive calls, the other side get a busy signal (the tech from yesterday could not help me with that so he escalated the call). This was the same problem as yesterday, If I reset the hub it would never hang up the phone line so all I get is the line in use tone. The hub doesn't seem to hang up the line correctly, on the front of the unit the line 1, line 2, play and fastfoward buttons are constantly on. I reset it variuos times, another tech could not fix that problem either so there is antoher escalated call. The only way I found to fix this is to leave the unit unplugged overnight. Sometimes the phone rings once and sometimes a couple of times for no reason, when I pick up the phone all I hear is static and sometimes nothing.

Here is the setup:
comcast cable modem -> Linksys wireless router -> Ooma hub
behind the hub is the following connections:
Wall port goes to the cable modem's phone port
Ooma phone port goes to a cordless phone base
Ooma modem port goes to a port on the router
No connection on home port
#41618 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:07 am
Your setup indicates that you have chosen to integrate your Comcast phone line with Ooma - hence the connection between the Comcast telephone port and the Ooma wall port. Is that your long term goal, to have phone service from both Comcast and Ooma? If not, and your goal is to replace the Comcast service and port your number over to Ooma, I recommend the following:

1. Call customer service and have them remove landline integration from your account, and assign to you an Ooma number.
2. Disconnect the Ooma wall port to Comcast phone port wire.
3. Setup your Comcast Digital Voice number to forward to your Ooma number, so inbound calls will ring on your Ooma phone.
4. Once you are happy with the performance of Ooma, initiate the number port from Comcast to Ooma.
5. When your port completes, your ported number will become your main Ooma number and you can choose to keep the original Ooma number as a second number (Premier) or delete it.
#41719 by tims75vette
Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm
I like that idea Groundhound! I hadn't thought about forwarding my landline to thye ooma number. Very good.

Also, I had majicjack for over a year. Not a good experience. You must leave your computer on at all times to use it (there is a few bucks a month in electricity). It takes up computer resources. The sound quality was terrrible. It got to where it would cut me off after just a few minutes. It made my computer take forever to start up. You couldn't port a number. And on, and on........

It was not a happy experience. Once I get the voicemail sorted out on my Ooma I KNOW it will be the better of the two by far.
#41839 by maqueso
Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:35 am
I received a call yesterday from a Ooma tech, the person I spoke to was very knowledgeable, he had me turn the ooma device off and on and do some rewiring (connect the ooma hub directly to the modem) for testing purposes, after doing that he had me put all the connections back and reboot the modem, after the modem was rebooted he had me go to http://setup.ooma.com/ and I gave him the desktop mac address, I'm not sure what he did on his end but all the problems I had have dissappeared and the hub has been working with no problems after that, so far so good. I'm looking foward to the number porting to be complete.