Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#41399 by crpeck
Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 pm
I've attempted this to no avail, any insight to it would be appreciated....

I have a Hub with Premier. I'd like to configure the Ooma Primary Number to Always Forward to my Google Voice number, which in turn would call both my cell phone & my 2nd Ooma Line. Besides that, I would really like to have Google Voice take over Voicemail in the event that no one answers the phone. I've tried setting Call Forward Always and Answer Voice Mail to 99 seconds, but, for some reason Google Voice never picks up the phone for vice mail.
As to why - well I prefer getting the transcript of the message from GV.
#41411 by jmassimilla
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 am
It may be because currently forwarding calls requires the forwarding party to press 1 to accept the call. If you do not press 1, the call will go to Ooma voicemail. Currently, the only exception is if you select "Forward on internet outage" in Preferences. They are working on making "Press 1 to accept" an option but not sure when it will be implemented.
#41413 by crpeck
Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 am
I believe that is the issue. I just tried it and here is what happens...
I call the primary Ooma number - it rings forever (not quite, but I let it ring about 1 minute).
Since I have Ooma email me VM's, after I hang up I get a VM that says:

"Press 1 to accept this call, or hangup to forward this call to your Ooma Voice Mail."
Over & over again, for about 45 seconds....

So if I read the below correct, I would have to unplug my Ooma for this to work. I sure hope they implement this as an option (why wouldn't you implement it that way to begin with?)...

Thanks - or - perhaps when the GVE get implemented on the Hub, I won't want to do this...

jmassimilla wrote:It may be because currently forwarding calls requires the forwarding party to press 1 to accept the call. If you do not press 1, the call will go to Ooma voicemail. Currently, the only exception is if you select "Forward on internet outage" in Preferences. They are working on making "Press 1 to accept" an option but not sure when it will be implemented.
#41414 by jmassimilla
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:16 am
crpeck wrote:So if I read the below correct, I would have to unplug my Ooma for this to work.

Unfortunately for now, yes. Of course that would prevent GV from ringing your second Ooma number.

crpeck wrote: I sure hope they implement this as an option (why wouldn't you implement it that way to begin with?)...

As to the why, a number of us have been asking that same question for a while. :D
#41457 by crpeck
Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am
Thanks for the assist on understanding this, guess I just play the wait & see game. I excel at playing that game :)