Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#41149 by funone46
Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:10 am
Wonder if anyone else is having the same issue. Lately when a call goes to voicemail all they hear is ringing and fax noise on my main hub line. Some times it works some times it does'nt. Now I have no fax even in the house and nothing has changed except going to lifetime premier. Interesting is my scout vm works fine. Made my second call to cs friday and pushed it to level 3 support. I have rebooted the hub several times, it worked again but only for a short time. Any idea's ? :?
#41153 by murphy
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 am
Are you sure that you didn't accidentally blacklist the number that is having the problem? One of the blacklist options is to continue ringing.
#41154 by funone46
Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 am
Just checked. They are sent to voicemail.
#41352 by funone46
Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:57 pm
Called again today and still no progress. I hate to use a different vm. Just need to get it fixed :(
#41498 by Soundjudgment
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:46 pm
I have a problem with the current Ooma VM on a Hub:

Caller calls in and VM picks up as normal. A Test Caller leaves a MSG and then the follow-up Voicemail is heard: "MSG is saved. Thank you for using the Ooma Voicemail system. Goodbye!"

Problem is the Ooma system does not disconnect the caller from the Hub/Servers. They are still connected to the number until they them self take steps to terminate the call. Otherwise, they are still coming through the Hub speaker and we can actually hear them saying things and breathing on the line. That part does not get recorded (thankfully) but I let this go on for a minute (just to prove this isn't some time-out issue) and there was still no caller-disconnect. :(
#41503 by funone46
Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 pm
At least I am not the only one with issues.
#41505 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 pm
funone46 wrote:Wonder if anyone else is having the same issue. Lately when a call goes to voicemail all they hear is ringing and fax noise on my main hub line. Some times it works some times it does'nt. Now I have no fax even in the house and nothing has changed except going to lifetime premier. Interesting is my scout vm works fine. Made my second call to cs friday and pushed it to level 3 support. I have rebooted the hub several times, it worked again but only for a short time. Any idea's ? :?

Have you tried a factory reset on the Hub?
#41530 by funone46
Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm
I held the tab down and it stayed blue. I did unplug it to reboot and still the same thing