Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#40524 by kejones6551
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 pm
I have a hub and scout. 1 multihandset wireless attached to scout. Fax machine attached to hub. 2nd phone number assigned to hub for the fax. Should I be able to set it up so that a 2nd caller will go to voicemail if I am on the voice number? Currently the caller gets a busy signal.
#40533 by murphy
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm
Did you configure voice mail for the second number?
If you didn't, pick up the handset connected to the scout and then push the play button on the scout.
#40743 by Tony
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 pm
kejones6551 wrote:I have a hub and scout. 1 multihandset wireless attached to scout. Fax machine attached to hub. 2nd phone number assigned to hub for the fax. Should I be able to set it up so that a 2nd caller will go to voicemail if I am on the voice number? Currently the caller gets a busy signal.

You have an ooma system with an integrated landline.

So, if the first call is already using your landline, then a new incoming call will get a busy tone. However if you have callers on your additional phone number (aka virtual number) then it will reach the voicemail.

If you desire, you can call our customer support and ask for a "Provisioning team" member, they can help you activate a feature named "Call Forwarding on Busy" on your landline, that would solve the problem you are referring to. There will be a monthly fee of around $5 charged by your landline phone service company for this feature.