Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#40204 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:40 pm
Check to see if a little envelope button is illuminated. On the hub (white ooma) it will be a button with a red light on. The Telo will have a little envelope in red. Hold either one down for about 4 seconds. It will go out and your phone will ring again. If no lights are showing, on the hub there is a little dimmer wheel on the right hand side. On the Telo, it is the starburst * button.
#40229 by southsound
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:13 am
Is the blue tab illuminated?

Also, can you tell us a little about your configuration? Cable or DSL, did you choose to integrate your landline or do you have an ooma number? What is plugged into the hub and where?
#40232 by sc4880dc
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 am
Is
Also, can you tell us a little about your configuration? Cable or DSL, did you choose to integrate your landline or do you have an ooma number? What is plugged into the hub and where?

the blue tab is illuminated, YES I have Cable integrate your landline, YES I am porting my current phone number

I am now using Vonage. A tech from OOMA helped me set it up the OOMA HUG (white) but I didn't know the phone didn't ring whem some calls me. Should I have bought the Black OOMA instead of the Black OOMA?

I have the cable from the OOMA modem port going to the router open port.

I have wall port on OOMA going to to my wall jack and one going to the phone port on the vonage,

I have a single phone hook up to the phone port on the OOMA.
#40323 by southsound
Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm
sc4880dc wrote:Is

the blue tab is illuminated, YES I have Cable integrate your landline, YES I am porting my current phone number

I am now using Vonage. A tech from OOMA helped me set it up the OOMA HUG (white) but I didn't know the phone didn't ring whem some calls me. Should I have bought the Black OOMA instead of the Black OOMA?

This will work fine. Many of us use the hub or Telo after our router.
I have wall port on OOMA going to to my wall jack and one going to the phone port on the vonage,
I don't know if you are using a splitter here or not. You should NOT be. Until you get ported I would just connect a single cable from the vonage phone port to the ooma's wall port. This provides vonage dialtone to the ooma. No other phones should be connected here. For the time being, you can leave your home wiring out of the picture unless you want to feed it from the ooma's phone jack (which you talk about in your next point.
You may continue to use this single phone or you can power the rest of your home's wiring by plugging a single line splitter into the ooma phone jack and having one port go to the wall (feeding ooma dialtone to the rest of the house) and one port for the cordless phone.
#40333 by sc4880dc
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:40 pm
southsound wrote:
sc4880dc wrote:Is

This will work fine. Many of us use the hub or Telo after our router.
I don't know if you are using a splitter here or not. You should NOT be. Until you get ported I would just connect a single cable from the vonage phone port to the ooma's wall port. This provides vonage dialtone to the ooma. No other phones should be connected here. For the time being, you can leave your home wiring out of the picture unless you want to feed it from the ooma's phone jack (which you talk about in your next point.
You may continue to use this single phone or you can power the rest of your home's wiring by plugging a single line splitter into the ooma phone jack and having one port go to the wall (feeding ooma dialtone to the rest of the house) and one port for the cordless phone.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, IT'S WORKING FINE NOW ................
#40335 by southsound
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm
Awesome! Glad to have helped. :cool: