Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#40066 by jkjflee
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 pm
Here is my set up.

I have the hub and the scout set up with my configuration.
I also have a wireless Panasonic phone with 4 hand sets plugged into the hub upstairs. I have another wireless Panasonic phone with 4 hand set plug into the Hub downstairs. I am in the trial period and have signed up for the premier.

I am looking for a answer to this question. When the phone rings (say on line 1) and we answer it. The phone may be for the person in another part of the home. When they pick up another phone they automatically go to line 2 and cannot join in on line 1. Can the other person somehow pick up the phone and join in on line 1?

Thanks
#40070 by murphy
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:19 pm
Push the flash button on the handset that you want to join the call.
#40072 by jkjflee
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Thanks for the reply...

What happens when both lines are in use. How will the flash button get you to the correct line you want to join in on?

Thanks
#40086 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:58 pm
jkjflee wrote:What happens when both lines are in use. How will the flash button get you to the correct line you want to join in on?

Groundhound wrote:You should be able to toggle between the two in-use lines with the flash button.

Actually, if both lines are in use, that means that one phone from each base station is connected. One to the hub and one to the scout. If someone picks up another phone, it will be from one of those two base stations and will not be able to switch to another line other than the one to which it's base is already connected. Flash does not work in this case because the first phone has the line siezed. Like when using two phones on a landline and a call waiting call comes in - you have to hang up one of the phones before the flash will be recognized by the co.
#40091 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Groundhound wrote:Yep, southsound is correct - brainfart on my part.

No problem, my friend. Happens to all of use furry folks on occasion. :P
#40099 by jkjflee
Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm
Thanks everyone and Southsound You have always been able to help out and answer all my questions. VERY HELPFUL as always :D
#40115 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:12 pm
Happy to help, Jeff. :P