Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#40004 by dajudem
Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 am
Hi I have Ooma as my primary phone and no premier. I thought call waiting was part of the basic service. If so, I don't know how to use it. Could someone please enlighten me? I'm a bit slow. Thanks.
#40006 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 am
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forums.

Call waiting on the ooma is just like call waiting on a traditional landline. If you are on a call and another person tries to call you, you will hear a beep in your earpiece. If you press the "flash" key on some phones or the green key on the Telo handset, it will put the first call on hole and connect you to the second call. You can switch between the two by "flashing" or pressing the green key again.
#40008 by murphy
Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:05 am
dajudem wrote:Hi I have Ooma as my primary phone and no premier. I thought call waiting was part of the basic service. If so, I don't know how to use it. Could someone please enlighten me? I'm a bit slow. Thanks.

From the Installation guide:

Call-waiting
Switch to a second incoming call by pressing the
Flash key on your telephone handset. The current
call will be automatically put on hold.
#40039 by southsound
Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:08 pm
Just quickly press and release the switchook (hangup button) if an older phone or the "new call" button on some newer phones. On my Uniden DECT 6.0 phones the flash button is also the Talk button.