Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#38265 by spareho
Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:43 pm
went to best buy bought the telo, hooked it up, tested it....I can dial out fine, but I cannot receive calls. it just rings and rings and rings. I have time warner cable road runner/ digital phone and located in northeast ohio, if this makes a difference. anyone have any insight.
#38448 by Dante R
Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 pm
Looks like you both have your Telo's behind firewalls.

I would suggest, as a test, to disable your firewall and try to call your Telo's again.

If that still does not help, you both seem to have land lines integrated, who are your land line carriers and do you have an active telephone jack with dial tone plugged into the "Phone" ports of your Telo's?
#38455 by The Talker
Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 pm
Dante R wrote:Looks like you both have your Telo's behind firewalls.

I would suggest, as a test, to disable your firewall and try to call your Telo's again.

If that still does not help, you both seem to have land lines integrated, who are your land line carriers and do you have an active telephone jack with dial tone plugged into the "Phone" ports of your Telo's?

My carrier is Verizon.
Tested with firewall disabled, no go.

However, this go around, which I've done this before without success but this time it's working and with firewall enabled:
wall line with splitter from house line
one to dsl modem/router box
other to wall Ooma wall jack

from Ooma phone jack to secondary house phone. (operates off the main house number as well)
Handset and secondary house phone rings but not the main house phone located in elsewhere in the house.

This set is ok for now. I do know about the HomePlug but am not sure I want to plunk down even more money to make this all work.

Is there an option in the set up that perhaps I did not select correctly at set up that could be part of my troubles. I'm not ready to port nor sure I want to unless I can get this to be a fail safe system.
#38460 by ajw522
Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:51 pm
Call Ooma Customer Service and have your Telo provisioned to work without your landline - keep the Ooma completely seperate from your landline. Ooma will give you a new number, and if you are planning on porting your number, OOMA will give you a temporary number until your port is complete; then, your ported number becomes you ooma number and your temp. number goes away. Also, make sure you put the Telo before the router, in a setup like this: MODEM-->Telo-->Router.

I hope this helps.
#38462 by The Talker
Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:01 pm
That does help.
My DLS is using an integrated modem/router box. (Verizon)

For the moment, I moved the splitter and all is working except the main house line ring/outgoing/incoming through the Ooma.

I'll get with the phone support folks and ask what my line set up is.

For the moment, it's working sorta. Who know what will happen after all the hardware is rebooted.
Thanks for the help so far gang!
#38463 by ajw522
Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:03 pm
Rene wrote:That does help.
My DLS is using an integrated modem/router box. (Verizon)

For the moment, I moved the splitter and all is working except the main house line ring/outgoing/incoming through the Ooma.

I'll get with the phone support folks and ask what my line set up is.

For the moment, it's working sorta. Who know what will happen after all the hardware is rebooted.
Thanks for the help so far gang!

Your welcome. If you need anymore help, or if anything else goes wrong, feel free to post it. There any many people here on the forums willing to help you out! Also, feel free to PM (personal message) me for more help. I would be more than happy to.

Have a great day.
#38510 by ajw522
Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 pm
robert123 wrote:take it back lot of us cant receive calls for over a week some for 45 days and know one cares 440 area code core system has soon has I can get ooma pay for my system and pay my money back for porting I am out of here 1 week not receivng calls is BULl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not giving me any answers, my ref# they gave me is cs23506

Robert

Please stop ranting! If you want any help for your problem, please calm down and explain your problem - maybe someone here on the forums can help you. Also, please try to use better grammar so others can assist you! Using Ooma can be a great experience, and there are many here that would be more than happy to help you.

ajw522
#38521 by The Talker
Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm
ajw522, I too find robert123 posts counter productive and uninformative.

I am beginning to get results/help from Ooma staff. Between the self-help here on the forums and it's members and Ooma support, I'll get this darn system working yet!