Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#37550 by FAB
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Unable to place calls to some local (802) numbers. The phones signal busy. When I immediately call using my cell phones, I can place the calls. More than 50% of the local phone numbers i call fail. I currently use Comcast forwarded to Ooma second line on incoming calls and Ooma on outgoing. i will port when Ooma is working satisfactorily. Telo is between router and modem.

Another issue: caller reported no ringing sound when he called, yet i heard ringing and received call.
#37568 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm
When I enter numbers too slowly on my corded phone connected to my Telo, I often get a busy signal. If I then press redial on the phone so the numbers are auto-dialed quickly, it always goes through. I don't have the problem with my cordless phones because I can enter the number before pressing the call button. If you are manually dialing numbers after taking the phone off-hook and get a busy signal, try following up with redial and see if it goes through.
#39462 by kstegs
Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:56 am
I have the same issue. Certain numbers always give a fast busy signal.
I have tried dialing the number, redial, speed dial, with area code, without.
Some local ones work some don't. My long distance numbers seem to work though there aren't that many LD numbers I call.
I sent an email to Ooma and have not received a response.
My wife wasn't keen on getting Ooma to begin with...now she wants me to send it back and re-connect our regular phone.
#39465 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:08 am
kstegs wrote:I have the same issue. Certain numbers always give a fast busy signal.
I have tried dialing the number, redial, speed dial, with area code, without.
Some local ones work some don't. My long distance numbers seem to work though there aren't that many LD numbers I call.
I sent an email to Ooma and have not received a response.
My wife wasn't keen on getting Ooma to begin with...now she wants me to send it back and re-connect our regular phone.

You'll need to get Ooma to resolve the issue with the telco for the numbers you're having the problem with. They will act, but with the holiday rush you probably will need to be a bit of a squeaky wheel. I'd use phone contact instead of email; expect to not get instant resolution. Polite persistence will likely be the best course.
#54888 by CougarForrest
Thu May 06, 2010 12:07 pm
All numbers dialed give a busy signal 6 or seven times in a row. Even when I call numbers that I know are not being used. Call Ooma support and they have no clue as to what is wrong. They had me try a system reset and it still doesn't work. Worst part is its my wifes phone that she uses for work. I know shes not happy with the OOMA. :P Hope they can fix it or its back to my old telco provider. Sorry OOMA :(
#54895 by ntoy
Thu May 06, 2010 1:17 pm
Hello CougarForrest,

I see you have 2 accounts. Please send me a personal email on the phone numbers, date & time that you tried & received a busy signal. I assume this was working before? When did this start happening?

I assume you tried powering off for one full minute & then powering back up. Tried factory reset as well?

Thx
#54938 by swanrunner
Fri May 07, 2010 7:42 am
I am having this same issue. I will get a busy signal on every local number I try. I even tried my wife's and my cell phones which I knew for a fact were not busy. It seems to be a random thing. At other times calls will just go thru as normal. John
#58477 by storehousepro
Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:38 am
I'm having the same exact issues with a busy signal on every call even my own cell phones. It worked when I plugged it in and it's the first day that I've had it. My connections are behind the motem/ router [options 2B]. Hope you can find the problem or it goes back to Best Buy. Thanks.
#58481 by southsound
Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:46 am
storehousepro wrote:I'm having the same exact issues with a busy signal on every call even my own cell phones. It worked when I plugged it in and it's the first day that I've had it. My connections are behind the motem/ router [options 2B]. Hope you can find the problem or it goes back to Best Buy. Thanks.

You might want to note that this is a USER forum where most of the people who frequent the forum are users like yourself - so the thing about your returning it really doesn't do much for us. On occasion a moderator (ooma emplyoee) will drop by - but if you want to get support from ooma the best way is to call ooma directly at 888 711-6662.

As for us helping you find the problem yourself, can you tell us a little more about your configuration? Cable or DSL modem? Have you tried disabling your firewall? What happens if you plug your ooma device directly into your modem? Are you able to reach the Internet with a computer connected to the HOME or HOME NETWORK port?