Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#37343 by BobB
Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 am
Is there a way to move all calls directly into an answering machine message with no VM? My Ooma phone # has been printed on the front page of the local news paper for Christmas donations for kids. My phone is ringing off the hook. I would like to play the "phone disconnected" message for all incoming calls. I am waiting for my existing # port so I am getting all my "real" calls on my other phone.
Any suggestions?
Bob
#37354 by Davesworld
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:21 am
BobB wrote:Is there a way to move all calls directly into an answering machine message with no VM? My Ooma phone # has been printed on the front page of the local news paper for Christmas donations for kids. My phone is ringing off the hook. I would like to play the "phone disconnected" message for all incoming calls. I am waiting for my existing # port so I am getting all my "real" calls on my other phone.
Any suggestions?
Bob

Was this a typo on their part? If this is the case, the local paper should be doing something to help fix it.
#37355 by bw1
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:34 am
You could record a message as a custom greeting on your Ooma voicemail and send all calls to voicemail using do not disturb like Groundhound said.

Here's a selection of messages you could use:
http://www.payphone-directory.org/sounds.html

I like this one:
http://www.payphone-directory.org/sound ... 5cents.wav

Maybe you'll get lots of donations of 25 cents that you can pass along!
#37369 by BobB
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:04 pm
How do I put my Telo in "do not disturb" mode?

I put a message in saying it was a misprint in the paper and to call the paper for the correct number. The paper called me to verify that the number was wrong, apologized, and said they would do what they could. What ever that will be.

Thanks for the sugestions.
Bob
#37370 by Groundhound
Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:08 pm
BobB wrote:How do I put my Telo in "do not disturb" mode?

Press & hold the envelope button until it turns amber. To turn off press & hold until it turns blue.