Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#36971 by The Good Shopper
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:34 pm
New Ooma customer here; just got my number ported.

One of the things I liked about my phone service was being able to turn off Caller ID so I can make anonymous calls to different companies. Is there a way for Ooma to turn off caller ID automatically when I dial, or so I have to do it manually by dialing *67 every time I call?
#36973 by whn
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 pm
The Good Shopper wrote:New Ooma customer here; just got my number ported.

One of the things I liked about my phone service was being able to turn off Caller ID so I can make anonymous calls to different companies. Is there a way for Ooma to turn off caller ID automatically when I dial, or so I have to do it manually by dialing *67 every time I call?

yes, its inside your settings.
#36974 by murphy
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 pm
You can disable caller ID sending in my.ooma.
#36976 by The Good Shopper
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 pm
Oh, wait, I just noticed the setting in Privacy Preferences. Does the crown mean that only Premier customers can block caller-ID automatically? If automatic caller ID block is a Premier-only feature, how about *67?
#36978 by bw1
Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 pm
I think you should be able to use *67.

What does your Service level show as?

If there's a crown under Preferences -> Privacy, then that would indicate you need Premier. I didn't think that blocking out-going caller-id was a Premier only feature though.
#36991 by The Good Shopper
Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm
I'm still under the free trial. Probably not going to get Premier for now; I went with Ooma to save money.

Well there is a crown on the Privacy page, but it might be for the "Anonymous Call Block" feature on the same page. Does the crown mean that everything there is Premier-only? I guess I'll find out in 21 days....