Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#35820 by sonoransam
Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:39 pm
I installed my Ooma Telo about three (3) weeks and I did have caller ID until two days ago. The phone that is connected to Ooma Telo is now showing ***-***-****, instead of numbers. What happened? I didn't touch anything. I also have Time Warner phone service and the phones connected to this line have caller ID. I am porting my number to Ooma but I want my caller ID. What's going on? How do I get my cller ID back?
#35830 by southsound
Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm
ooma has been pushing out some new software lately to expand features and take care of some bugs. I think that caller ID was broken for some phones in the latest software revision - but they are aware if it and it should come back with the next revision of the software. You don't need to do anything to receive the update except keep your ooma powered on and connected. ooma is great about bug fixes and is constantly improving the software so the inconvenience should be minimal.

I don't work for ooma (something about raccoons being short and the minimum height requirement) but I trust this to be good information and would not be overly concerned.
#35899 by Dante R
Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:13 pm
sonoransam wrote:I installed my Ooma Telo about three (3) weeks and I did have caller ID until two days ago. The phone that is connected to Ooma Telo is now showing ***-***-****, instead of numbers. What happened? I didn't touch anything. I also have Time Warner phone service and the phones connected to this line have caller ID. I am porting my number to Ooma but I want my caller ID. What's going on? How do I get my cller ID back?

Do you still have CID on your Land line service?
#36182 by RickO
Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:49 pm
My outbound caller ID has disappeared on both my ooma hub and Telo. When I call a landline using the hub, my outbound CID displays "Private". When I call a landline with the Telo, the outbound CID shows "Out of Area". Ooma to Ooma calls show correct caller ID. My CID has worked fine until now. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :?