Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#34543 by oomamax
Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 am
For some time I've had the Ooma connection tone set to "disabled". Yet I still get the tone before the dial tone. How to get rid of it?
#34704 by danielT
Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 am
Aveamantium wrote:Connection tone is a tone you'll hear when a call is connected. The "Ooma Dialtone" is a feature you can not turn off.

I think the first poster is referring to the Chime option. According to the help content:
"Ooma Connection Tone

When calls are connected through Ooma, both you and the the person you are speaking to will hear a special chime. You can choose from four different chimes or disable the chime completely."

I am experiencing the same problem with this option from the Preferences > System >Ooma Connection Tone option as well. No matter what chime option I pick, as well as the disable, the Connection Tone chime remains "Classic (Default)"
#34706 by southsound
Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:44 am
oomamax wrote:For some time I've had the Ooma connection tone set to "disabled". Yet I still get the tone before the dial tone. How to get rid of it?

danielT wrote: I think the first poster is referring to the Chime option.

No, I think the OP was very plain in saying it was the tone BEFORE the dial tone. This is what is commonly referred to as the ooma dialtone. Many have asked about just having the standard A440 dialtone but the ooma dialtone does have a purpose for those who have integrated their landline. Since the percentage of folks doing that is very small, maybe ooma will make it an optional setting (like the connection tone) in future software releases.
#34709 by danielT
Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 am
southsound wrote:
oomamax wrote:For some time I've had the Ooma connection tone set to "disabled". Yet I still get the tone before the dial tone. How to get rid of it?

danielT wrote: I think the first poster is referring to the Chime option.

No, I think the OP was very plain in saying it was the tone BEFORE the dial tone. This is what is commonly referred to as the ooma dialtone. Many have asked about just having the standard A440 dialtone but the ooma dialtone does have a purpose for those who have integrated their landline. Since the percentage of folks doing that is very small, maybe ooma will make it an optional setting (like the connection tone) in future software releases.

Thanks for the clarification between Ooma dialtone and Ooma connection tone.
#35036 by dxt55
Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:10 pm
danielT wrote:I am experiencing the same problem with this option from the Preferences > System >Ooma Connection Tone option as well. No matter what chime option I pick, as well as the disable, the Connection Tone chime remains "Classic (Default)"

Changes on that "System" page just seem to take a while. When I disabled the Connection Tone, the chime remained for a day or two before going away. Rebooting the Hub 15 minutes and 2 hours after making the change didn't make a difference. Same with the "10 digit dialing" option.