Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#33659 by Wiz_Bang
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 pm
Has anyone else experienced dialing a number the call actually going through and the other person can hear you but you can't hear them, or a ring indicating the call was successful? This has happened now a few times when dialing out using the Telo handset. I end up just re-dialing the number a second time it seems to work without out issue. It appears to be a sporadic problem. :?: :?:
#33709 by Dennis P
Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:46 pm
We haven't seen any issues like this in our testing or from our beta users. Have you tried making calls without the Telo Handset? I wonder if the problem is related to our carrier connections to the particular destinations you are dialing vs a specific issue with the handset.
#33801 by Wiz_Bang
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:38 am
I've seen the problem with dialing prior to the last Telo update when dialing local and long distance calls using a corded phone, not just the Telo handset. I will see if it happens again with the corded phone, or just the Telo handset. It appears to be a sporadic problem. I will try and see how many times I can reproduce it.

Thanks for the reply Dennis.
#33802 by Dennis P
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:48 am
If you can make a note of the exact date/time/phone # of a call that you placed where you got one-way or no audio, we can try to trace it through our network to see what happened to the call. It will also make it easier for us to see if there is a pattern. You can PM the info to me. Thanks.
#33811 by Wiz_Bang
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 am
One more problem I found with the Telo Handset. When trying to use the redial key with call blocking enabled from a previously dialed number *82XXX-XXXX, the handset inserts a "1" in front of *82. I hear the fast busy signal since the number would not be valid to dial.