Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#33461 by xceebeex
Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:12 am
I just recently had my port finished from Vonage and everything is going fine so far, except my in-laws who happen to have Vonage can't get through to us. It says the number has been disconnected or something along those lines. We receive all other calls though. So it may be limited to just Vonage numbers trying to call us. Is this a common issue? What is the fix?

Thanks!
#33473 by murphy
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 am
Once you port away from Vonage you have to call them and tell them to delete your number from their database. They keep it there hoping that you will come back.
#33533 by xceebeex
Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:09 pm
murphy wrote:Once you port away from Vonage you have to call them and tell them to delete your number from their database. They keep it there hoping that you will come back.

This did not work. The person that I spoke with said that they do not store numbers in any database. They said once the account is deactivated the number either goes back in to the pool of numbers or gets ported to the new provider.

I put in a call to ooma to see if they know what it is. Should I talk to anyone in particular at Vonage to get this resolved? This certainly seems like a Vonage issue to me.
#33557 by sves
Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 pm
I had the same issue after porting a number away from Vonage and emailed Vonage tech support. I received the following response:

I have submitted a work request to our engineers requesting to remove the number XXXXXXXXXXX from our database so that calls made to this number no more point to a disconnected account. Please allow 24-72 hours to receive a response to this work request. Once we have resolved this issue, you will be notified by email. I appreciate your time and patience on this matter.

I never received a follow up, but sure enough within a few days the problem was fixed.