Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#31186 by devika
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:52 pm
I got about 3-4 messages in my mailbox with attachments yesterday. I have the community blacklist enabled and after hearing the voice-mails they were from political machines to vote for them, yada yada. So its good that they went to VM

1. Those who may have called does not show up in the call log
2. Play button on my 'Telo' never blinked red not does the webpage at my.ooma.com show any signs of any voicemails
3. My home phone never ranged or gave me an indication that someone called or someone left a VM

Is this supposed to be this way? :?: This does not sound right and without knowing who's in the community blacklist I'll have to make sure I go thru all messages that show up in my inbox!
#31189 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:59 pm
I think that's the way it's supposed to work. Blacklisted calls sent to VM are very low priority and are not supposed to bother you with flashing lights, otherwise you couldn't distinguish them from non-blacklisted VM's. Your notification is the email you get with the attachement.

Perhaps a "whitelist" to override the community blacklist would be good.
#31203 by devika
Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:46 pm
That brings up few more questions - is it possible to view the blacklist? Is it possible for end-user to edit it or get it edited, whether additions or deletions and who maintains the list - ooma or user community.

Additionally, if that's the way it works why not list the number either bolded or italicized showing that it was either blacklisted number, however as it stands now there is no way to know where they called from.

Maybe Bobby or Dennis knows the answer - if they ever get to this.
#31208 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm
devika wrote:That brings up few more questions - is it possible to view the blacklist? Is it possible for end-user to edit it or get it edited, whether additions or deletions and who maintains the list - ooma or user community.

No way for us to see the community blacklist, AFAIK. I think it's automatically generated based upon how many users add the same number to their personal blacklist.
#31331 by ajw522
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:10 am
I also want to know why the blacklisted calls do not come up in my call Log. I would like to know who called.
#31412 by Tony
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:02 pm
We are implementing the ability to see blacklisted calls in the call logs. It will be made available.

Regarding voice messages left from blacklisted calls, they do not have special treatments, they will appear like any other voice messages from non blacklisted calls.
#32752 by devika
Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:05 pm
The ability will be a big welcome. Is there a time-frame that you know that this will be made available? There are a lot of features that have been floating as being made available. wondering if you have any further information.

Thx