Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#61211 by taspeckhard
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:50 pm
I just got a Telo a couple of weeks ago and am having the same issue with low volume on voice mail. Volume is always too low when I start playing a message and hitting the volume control doesn't seem to bring it up that much. Is there something else I should be doing. Is there a way to keep the volume at a higher level
#61223 by murphy
Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:08 pm
The volume will stay at whatever level you set it to. It advances in sequence. One notch past max volume is off.
#70624 by TD62
Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 pm
I've got the same problem on my new Telo, I can't make out the voice mails unless I listen to them on
myooma.com and same them to .wav and play them in winamp with the volume turned all the way up
using full cup headphones. On the base unit with the volume all the way up, I can make out some sounds
from the message, but it's not intelligible. The unit's prompts are clear as are incoming calls.
For some reason it's recording gain is set too low. I just need to turn this up by about 100% and everything
would be fine. How hard can this be?
#71187 by smak90
Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:49 am
I have the same problem as the last poster. I set up my Ooma telo yesterday and have it working correctly now. I can barely hear voicemail on the telo device or on the computer using email or the Ooma website. I have the volume set to the highest setting on each and can barely hear anything.
#71644 by scottlindner
Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:30 pm
I just posted another topic on this but I believe it is the same issue as my parents are having. With my parents I believe the cause is due to calls coming in on the integrated landline. Any VMs received from the second Ooma provided number as fine. I am assuming that once they port this number the problem will go away, but until then, is there a way to increase the gain on the Telo input from the landline? I listened to one of the MP3 and it really is too quiet that increasing the volume to max still is not enough to understand the message. It is not a playback problem, it is a recording problem.

Cheers,
Scott
#71801 by rschoonh
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:30 pm
I have a Telo myself (since mid-year), and find the volume to be too low when playing back messages, even on the highest setting, and especially if there is any other environmental noise. I just got a Telo for my folks, who are in their late 70's, and they simply cannot hear the messages. I realize the current max might be fine for many, but with so many of us growing older it sure would be nice to have the OPTION of bringing the volume up higher yet. Ooma folks, please consider improving this, as I've had to disable the Ooma VM for my folks so that they could continue to use their trusty (and loud) answering machine instead.
#71802 by scottlindner
Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:33 pm
rschoonh wrote:I have a Telo myself (since mid-year), and find the volume to be too low when playing back messages, even on the highest setting, and especially if there is any other environmental noise. I just got a Telo for my folks, who are in their late 70's, and they simply cannot hear the messages. I realize the current max might be fine for many, but with so many of us growing older it sure would be nice to have the OPTION of bringing the volume up higher yet. Ooma folks, please consider improving this, as I've had to disable the Ooma VM for my folks so that they could continue to use their trusty (and loud) answering machine instead.

That's the situation my parents are in as well.