Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#31009 by mjsvoice
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:17 pm
I just purchased a Telo this weekend. I've been testing it out the past few days. When I play back a voice mail message I have to crank up the volume on the Telo to maximum to hear the voice mail message. The volume level that the message is recorded at is so low it's very difficult to hear it, even when I crank up the volume on my Telo device to the max.

I've tried leaving test messages with different phones but all messages left are recorded at a very low volume.

Anyone else experience this? Anyway to adjust the recorded volume level?

Mike
#31076 by WayneDsr
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:59 am
That's been a big issue for me as well. Just a few more notches would be better.
As a work-around if you tap the > forward key fast while listening you can bring the volume up some. You have to hit it just right and if it pauses the voicemail, tap again.

Wayne
#31292 by devika
Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:38 am
I though I was the only one after reading thru lots of posts. Now I know that my ears are still OK :D

The volume on Telo must be going back to '0', after listening to messages. The next time I retrieve messages I have to touch the volume button twice to make it somewhat audible. If I touch it the third time then it seems that the unit mutes itself. Hopefully Ooma will come up with some way to increase the volume within the Telo GUI or at the headend.
#31414 by Tony
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 pm
We are definitely aware of this issue. Please be patient, we are working on a fix but it will not be available for a few months. The fix is a little bit more complex than cranking up a parameter value :D
#61066 by twokittymom1
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:01 am
On November 5, 2009 a Ooma moderator indicates they are aware of this issue and a fix is on it's way. Has a fix been distributed as of today, July 30, 2010?

Re: Volume of voice mail messages
by Tony » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 pm

We are definitely aware of this issue. Please be patient, we are working on a fix but it will not be available for a few months. The fix is a little bit more complex than cranking up a parameter value
#61069 by Tony
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:16 am
HI twokittymom1,

We pushed a fix since around March 2010. Do you still feel that the speaker's max volume is still too low?

------

Other subscribers,

What is your opinion on the speaker's max volume?
#61071 by murphy
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:18 am
The maximum volume is fine for me. Any louder and the speaker cone would start rattling.
#61080 by hpepper
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:54 am
I actually keep the volume one notch (and sometimes even two notches) from the max. It works great here.