Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#26816 by darag2358
Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:59 pm
Qwest finally ported my number over and I got the email confirming porting is complete. I can make outgoing calls fine, but incoming calls go straight to voicemail. My account settings are fine. Ooma tab is blue on my hub and no buttons are red. I have a ticket opened on it, but wanted to run my network setup by you all to see if it is maybe the issue.

I'm running my Ooma hub behind my router. I was told to do that by Ooma support because I was not able to use my work's VPN when I had the hub between my modem and router. I have QOS on that router's port set to high. I thought that maybe I needed to configure my router to ensure that nothing is getting firewalled, but I don't know what ports the hub uses so I just put the hub's ip address in the DMZ. That should open everything up to the Ooma hub.

Anyone who is using their hub behind their router, is there anything else that I need to do?
#26851 by darag2358
Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:11 pm
Yep, no problem. You know I can't remember 100% if I tried calling in on the temp number after I put the hub behind the router but I'm pretty sure I did.
#26855 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:26 pm
This is a longshot, but if your router has a DMZ feature put the IP it assigns to the hub into it. This should assure that all service ports are forwarded to the hub. Like I said, a longshot. (edit: I saw you already did this in your OP) I suspect you're going to have to get tech support's help on this issue.
#27015 by darag2358
Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:53 pm
Fixed. I needed to add my router's IP to the DNS address entry in the ooma hub. It was a step that was missed when I called tech support last time about the VPN issue and when they told me to set up the hub behind the router. Everything is working great now. I disabled DMZ also on the router, as it works without it enabled.

Thanks Groundhound for responding.