Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#25858 by but2002
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 am
I thought a second phone number was part of Ooma premier only?

I'm on Ooma Core with a hub purchased about two and a half months ago. I never got a second number.

Today, my roommate saw "Second Number" and decided to add one for himself on our Ooma, and it successfully LET him. Now, this was extremely recent, and I don't know if inbound calls work.

I really don't want this second number if it will cost me. Could someone look at why it allowed him to add it? And if it IS for Premier only, could you take it off? (I find no "Delete" button anywhere...)
#25864 by murphy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:44 am
If you have Premier, the second number is free. If you don't have Premier, your roommate owes you $4.99 per month as long as it is there. Why does your roommate have your MY Ooma login credentials? If you have a credit card stored in your account, the new number was charged to your credit card. You can have up to 9 (I think) phone numbers with Ooma.
#25978 by Dennis P
Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:36 pm
We'll look into how the second number could be added. In the meantime, I've deleted the second number from your account and ensured you won't be charged for it. Thanks for reporting this.
#26031 by but2002
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:58 pm
murphy wrote:If you have Premier, the second number is free. If you don't have Premier, your roommate owes you $4.99 per month as long as it is there. Why does your roommate have your MY Ooma login credentials? If you have a credit card stored in your account, the new number was charged to your credit card. You can have up to 9 (I think) phone numbers with Ooma.

I don't have premier, as I stated, I'm on "ooma Core"
He doesn't have the ooma credentials, they're stored in my browser. I don't know how he got into my Windows account, as I just changed my password. :P


Dennis P wrote:We'll look into how the second number could be added. In the meantime, I've deleted the second number from your account and ensured you won't be charged for it. Thanks for reporting this.

Thanks for looking at this Dennis, but I'm still seeing the second number on My Ooma..
#26081 by but2002
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:36 pm
Groundhound wrote:
but2002 wrote:Thanks for looking at this Dennis, but I'm still seeing the second number on My Ooma..

Try clearing your browser cache.


That's what I always do if something like that happens, but it's still a no go.

The number is still showing up!
#26332 by but2002
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm
Dennis P wrote:Sorry, trying to do too many things at once and got nothing done. This time I think I really deleted it. Can you check again?


Checked again, and it is gone!

Thanks again for clearing up the confusion.
(Should probably get that bug fixed before we have hundreds of Ooma Core members with accidental free numbers :P)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests