Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#39403 by farmington
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 am
For the last few days, I am having the problem described above when calling my in-law's number in VT. (Just got the Ooma for Xmas. Have not ever gotten through to them using Ooma, but my cell and landline do get through.) When I try to call my in-law's number in VT, either: 1) nothing happens at all (and the number does not ring in VT), or 2) there is a long wait -- 30 seconds -- ringing starts and then I get a busy signal. I am calling a number in Shoreham Telephone's service area in central Vermont.
#39432 by murphy
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 am
You will have to call customer support and give them the number that you can't call so they can investigate with their Vermont phone partner.
#39494 by Dante R
Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:07 am
farmington wrote:For the last few days, I am having the problem described above when calling my in-law's number in VT. (Just got the Ooma for Xmas. Have not ever gotten through to them using Ooma, but my cell and landline do get through.) When I try to call my in-law's number in VT, either: 1) nothing happens at all (and the number does not ring in VT), or 2) there is a long wait -- 30 seconds -- ringing starts and then I get a busy signal. I am calling a number in Shoreham Telephone's service area in central Vermont.

Having same problem from my hub to that number.

I've opened a trouble ticket with our upstream carrier.
#39609 by MCSFIP
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:33 pm
Since at least 12/25 I have been unable to call my brother using my telo in the 802 area code. I hear the dialing and after a pause get a fast bsy signal. I can call him with my cell phone and he can call my telo Phone number. I know from call logs that I had been able to call him prior to that. I am calling from Palm Springs 760 area code to Wilmington VT.
#39809 by farmington
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 am
Dante R wrote:
farmington wrote:For the last few days, I am having the problem described above when calling my in-law's number in VT. (Just got the Ooma for Xmas. Have not ever gotten through to them using Ooma, but my cell and landline do get through.) When I try to call my in-law's number in VT, either: 1) nothing happens at all (and the number does not ring in VT), or 2) there is a long wait -- 30 seconds -- ringing starts and then I get a busy signal. I am calling a number in Shoreham Telephone's service area in central Vermont.

Having same problem from my hub to that number.

I've opened a trouble ticket with our upstream carrier.

I placed a call to my in-laws in VT this morning. Call went through. Great quality! Thanks, Dante and Ooma!