Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#22397 by ttomkat1
Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:33 pm
Hello all,

I am using the Ooma hub connected to the house wiring with a scout connected to my phone. Everything was working well until today. With the phone connected to the scout, I get a regular dialtone and access to a landline. When I connect the phone to the hub, it works fine.

Incoming calls show up on the hub & scout but don't get picked up by the phone.

Seems like there might be something wrong with the scout.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
#22492 by hpepper
Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:28 pm
It would help to have more information. DSL or cable? What is plugged into where on the Hub, Scout, house wiring and so forth.
#22499 by niknak
Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 pm
the hub and scout need to be connected with a dedicated wire pair through the wall ports on each device
#22523 by ttomkat1
Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:04 pm
I am using Verizon FIOS. Ooma hub is connected to router. Had a line going from "wall" port of Ooma hub into the wall of my home wiring.
The scout was in a different room with the wall line connecting to the scout and the scout to the phone.

Everything was working fine and it all of a sudden gave me the problems described above. The hub works fine w/the phone connected directly to it. It is when I try to use the scout in a different room that I have a problem.

FYI, I tried connecting the scout directly to the Ooma hub's wall port using a regular phone cable but the phone gives no ring tone even though the scout shows a blue light.

If I have to use dedicated wiring, how come it worked for a year now has problems?

Thanks again!!!!!