Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#20736 by 4millie
Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 am
I just got my OOMA hub this week. When I first hooked it up, voicemail seemed to work fine. Yesterday, I came home and discovered I had 3 voicemail messages. Each message was a dial tone (no voice message). Thankfully I was able to know "who" called by CallerID, but I have no idea what message they left.

My husband called the OOMA hub from his cell phone (as a test). Everything seemed to work fine as he left a message. When I pressed play on the OOMA hub, his "voice" message was not there -- it was just a dial tone.

Any suggestions?

Also, (just in case...) is there a way to turn off the voicemail feature (permanently) if I prefer to use an answering machine?
#20743 by murphy
Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 am
Did you ask your callers if they left a message? Many people will wait until the recording starts and then hang up without saying anything.
#20745 by hpepper
Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:56 am
You can't turn off voicemail, but you can set it to the maximum time/rings and set your answering machine to pick up before that.