Voicemail cuts off caller!

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
4millie

Voicemail cuts off caller!

Post by 4millie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 am

I just got my OOMA hub this week. When I first hooked it up, voicemail seemed to work fine. Yesterday, I came home and discovered I had 3 voicemail messages. Each message was a dial tone (no voice message). Thankfully I was able to know "who" called by CallerID, but I have no idea what message they left.

My husband called the OOMA hub from his cell phone (as a test). Everything seemed to work fine as he left a message. When I pressed play on the OOMA hub, his "voice" message was not there -- it was just a dial tone.

Any suggestions?

Also, (just in case...) is there a way to turn off the voicemail feature (permanently) if I prefer to use an answering machine?

murphy

Re: Voicemail cuts off caller!

Post by murphy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 am

Did you ask your callers if they left a message? Many people will wait until the recording starts and then hang up without saying anything.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

hpepper

Re: Voicemail cuts off caller!

Post by hpepper » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:56 am

You can't turn off voicemail, but you can set it to the maximum time/rings and set your answering machine to pick up before that.