Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#18029 by jp28md
Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:19 pm
Today I was relocating my Hub and scout for about one hour. I thought if the Hub had no power incoming calls would be picked up by Voice Mail. I got nothing in the call log in the lounge or VM when the wife was trying to call.
#18560 by WayneDsr
Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 am
I would try it again, notate the call time and call customer service at 888-711-6662 and let them know.
I did try this and I did get voicemail.

Wayne
#19288 by wjcarpenter
Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:00 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Yes, all calls should go to voicemail on any outage.

It so happens that while I was fiddling with my zillion little wires and had my ooma unplugged, I tried calling myself from my cell phone. I got the official-sounding "number not in service" or something like it. (What I was really trying out was the "call forward on Internet outage", which is beta, and which could have affected the situation.)

Do you think there is a timeout for the servers to notice the ooma hub isn't around, or should it be more or less instantaneous (or at least instantaneous when a call is coming in)?
#19299 by jp28md
Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:56 am
When there is an outage. ANd you call your number and if you get a voicemail and able to leave a message. You have to call ooma CSR and have them forward the massages to you. They said they are working on upgrading the system to have those messages automatically forward to the hub.
#19303 by thbjr
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:45 am
wjcarpenter wrote:Do you think there is a timeout for the servers to notice the ooma hub isn't around, or should it be more or less instantaneous (or at least instantaneous when a call is coming in)?

When there is an outage, it takes the Ooma servers at least 90 seconds to recognize the outage and began the call forward.
See this thread. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2476
Tom