Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#15924 by moneyman11
Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:29 am
Hi folks,

We've had our ooma system for 3 days now and love it so far.

We've put in for number porting, but it hasn't been completed yet.

However, one issue we are dealing with is that when we are on the phone, and a second call comes in the caller just gets a continuous ring without ever going to voicemail.

Also, the 2nd call is not in our ooma logs. I'd expect it to be there as a "missed call".

Is this a configuration issue, or just something that'll be the case until our number is ported and our regular line is canceled?

Thanks for your help.
#15926 by WayneDsr
Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 am
Did you register ooma WITH your landline (provisioning) or did you get a temp ooma number and register ooma WITHOUT your landline?

If you provisioned your landline you should have "call forward on busy" on your landline number.

Wayne
#15930 by moneyman11
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 am
WayneDsr wrote:Did you register ooma WITH your landline (provisioning) or did you get a temp ooma number and register ooma WITHOUT your landline?

If you provisioned your landline you should have "call forward on busy" on your landline number.

Wayne

Thanks for the reply, Wayne.

Ummmmm.... I'm not sure. I never applied for or received a temporary ooma number. The only number I have is my original phone number with my original carrier. However, as soon as my number is ported to ooma, I'm going to dump my landline.

I don't know what "call forward on busy" is.
#15932 by moneyman11
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:26 am
moneyman11 wrote:I don't know what "call forward on busy" is.

Ok, I looked this up, and now understand what "call forward on busy" is.

Is there a number I should be forwarding to if my line is busy until my number is ported and my connection to my landline is severed so that incoming calls while I'm on the line get sent to ooma voicemail?
#15933 by WayneDsr
Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:30 am
Your landline should have been setup with call forward on busy, usually done by ooma during the provisioning of your number. You may have to check with Customer Service to make sure that has been done.

With provisioning, you are using your landline for all local calls out, all calls coming in. You are using ooma for all long distance calls going out.
If someone calls your landline and you're on the phone, call forwarding on busy forwards your call to your virtual second line. That is not happening for you at the moment.

After your landline phone number ports, you won't need to worry about that. All calls will utilize ooma. So I guess your choice is to wait it out or call CS at 888-711-6662.

And if I may, welcome to ooma forums!

Wayne