Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#15750 by pajer
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:43 am
I have kept my landline through windstream but have changed it to the greenstreak service which is just there high speed dsl service with a dial tone. Incoming calls are free but it does not have caller id. I have the landline hoked up to the ooma hub will that allow the ooma caller id to work on the landline number? Thanks for any help.
#15752 by bw1
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:44 am
No, in that case, your landline must supply the caller id.
#15754 by WayneDsr
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:50 am
If your landline is not provisioned to work WITH ooma, an incoming call will not ring ooma. You would have to have a separate phone plugged into your wall jack to hear it ring in.

Wayne
#15759 by pajer
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:55 am
the greenstreak service does not provide caller id, i would need to go back to a regular phone plan which does provide caller id, however, it is 20.00 more per month which kind of defeats the purpose. What if i were to port the number over to ooma or what actually is provisioning or dsl dry loop mean? Thanks
#15808 by niknak
Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 am
... or what actually is provisioning or dsl dry loop mean?..

Provsioning - How the ooma hub is configured to interact with the PSTN - either integrated with POTS line or a standalone line

Dry loop DSL - DSL service for internet access only , no telephone service