Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#15749 by bgmcardl
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 am
First, I do have the brightness knobs turned up, and I KNOW I should have the ooma hub the first thing after the cable modem, but If I have it behind another router (old Linksys from Vonage), the voicemail light doesn't flash after a new message comes in.
Does anyone know what port I need to forward to the ooma hub to allow voicemail notifications through?

Bruce
#15756 by murphy
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:53 am
I recommend that you replace that Vonage router. Even if you no longer have an account it is talking to Vonage every day.

My hub is behind my router and the voice mail indicator works fine. No ports have been explicitly forwarded but the ooma hub is in the routers DMZ.
#15760 by dtalwar
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:58 am
Ditto ... no issues with voicemail indicator with the hub behind the router. Are you able to retrieve voicemails using handset? By hitting the Play button on the hub (even if the light is not flashing)?
#16444 by bgmcardl
Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:02 pm
I just checked it again and the voice mail does indeed light correctly when the hub is behind another router.
I did originally test this a couple hours after activating it, so maybe there was some delay for some features for new users.
Bruce