Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#15713 by MikeekiM
Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:03 pm
OK....so here's the deal...

I have two landlines... I am going to keep "Line1" and eventually cancel "Line2". "Line2" is currently my work at home number that many of my co-workers know...

Premiere allows you to have one additional phone number...

Here's the question: Can I keep my new ooma number as my primary number (my wife likes the dialing pattern on the keypad), and port my "Line2" landline phone number and associate it with one of my scouts?

I hope that makes sense... Let me know if it doesn't, and I'll try and do a better job of explaining it...

Thanks!
#15722 by niknak
Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 pm
I believe you can do this but you have to let ooma CS know what you want...the default is to replace the primary number with the ported number but they can replace the secondary number if you ask
#15818 by MikeekiM
Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:12 pm
So I ended up calling ooma on this one... here is what they said...

Assuming I have two lines on ooma: ooma1 and ooma2

And assuming I have 2 landlines: at&t1 and at&t2

If I want to move at&t2 to ooma, it will take over by default as my primary ooma line (taking over ooma1 in the above), and the original ooma1 will move to ooma2, and the original ooma2 will disappear...still somehow associated to my account internally...but gone from my view...

The rep told me that I would then need to call them up and have them swap the numbers around, and that's that...

I hope this works... It didn't seem like it was a common request that I was making...