Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#15613 by amigo108
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:09 am
I get no voice caller id on the hub or scout when a call comes in. DO i have to press a button to activate it??

Also, if a call comes in and someone answers the phone but it's for another person in the house, they can't just pick up another phone (cause it bumps them to the second line and a fresh dial tone). Is there some button you need to press on the hub or the scout to pick up that call which has already been answered on another handset?

Thanks,
David
Last edited by amigo108 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#15619 by StevenJohn
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 am
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Voice caller ID is not a feature of Ooma.

To switch lines all you need to do is pick up the phone, get a dial tone, and press FLASH.

sj
#15673 by amigo108
Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm
thanks John. I'll try it. I usually don't pick up the phone so when a call is for me they just call me to pick up.

BTW, I did just find that answer in the user manual. I didn't actually see the user manual at first, now that I know I have one, I'll read it!
#15700 by StevenJohn
Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm
amigo108 wrote:thanks John. I'll try it. I usually don't pick up the phone so when a call is for me they just call me to pick up.

BTW, I did just find that answer in the user manual. I didn't actually see the user manual at first, now that I know I have one, I'll read it!

There's lots of good stuff in the manual, and lots of good folks here that are more than willing to help.

I have my Ooma hub connected to one of the Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone sets that does have talking caller ID. The robot lady has a little trouble with some of the names, but it is a big help when you are busy. You will hear the announcement and make a judgment as to how important the call is. If not important, just let the voice mail catch the call without having to grab your glasses or get out of bed to read the caller ID.

sj