Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#13342 by sonnynerik
Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 pm
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a separate voicemail message that is played when people call the second phone number? Right now when people call either of my phone numbers they get the same recorded message. I have a home-based business and I don't want my customers to call and get my family voice message. Help!!!!
#13345 by WayneDsr
Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:41 pm
You must assign one of your numbers to the scout. After that you can create a separate log in for that number.

Quote from the lounge:

"Once you assign a device for personal use, you can create a private account in the ooma Lounge to hear your personal voice messages. If you do not assign devices for personal use, they will be "shared." All phone numbers assigned to your shared devices will ring and leave voicemail in your primary Lounge account."

Wayne
#13349 by sonnynerik
Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 pm
Thanks for the help... I logged in the lounge and I went to "preferences" and then "phone numbers". It showed both my numbers in the shared device area (and shows the photo of the scout). So I went to create "assign a device". It let me assign an office device and shows the photo of the hub, but I can't get one of my numbers to move from the "shared devices" section to the hub section. It wants me to assign a new number. I don't need a 3rd line so I don't want to do this, especially since it will cost me more to add more than the 2 lines. Any suggestions on how to get one of my numbers listed in the "shared devices" section to move to the "office hub" (thats what I named my "assign a device") section so I can set up the alternate voice mail???
#13376 by murphy
Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 am
You have to assign a Scout for personal use (as opposed to shared) before you can move the second number to it. Once that is done you can use the second phone number to log into the Lounge to set up that phone line.
#13765 by INSANECANES
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 pm
murphy wrote:You have to assign a Scout for personal use (as opposed to shared) before you can move the second number to it. Once that is done you can use the second phone number to log into the Lounge to set up that phone line.

Thanks for the info.