Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#12971 by rkaylor
Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:38 am
Not able to pick up call waiting. Hit the flash button on cordless handset just brings up dial tone for line two.
#12977 by southsound
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:00 pm
rkaylor wrote:Not able to pick up call waiting. Hit the flash button on cordless handset just brings up dial tone for line two.

bw1 is absolutely correct. ooma technical support can have it taken care of in a minute - but don't rely on email to request the change. Call them at 888-711-6662. They are open until 5 PM PDT today or you can call them Monday.

Welcome to ooma and to the forum. Lots of nice people here - all we lack is the stack of inflated telco bills we used to receive! :D
#14592 by mmhe
Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:55 pm
I just called Ooma supported, but after 15 min waiting and 20 min talking to the Ooma rep, he could not fix it, and resorted to the line 1 and 2 button on Ooma box to switch to and from the 2nd call; furthermore, he stated that the flash buton only works if I have the premier service, which really irritated me.

I have the simplest configuration with just the Ooma line and no Scout. Needless to say, I am very disappinted.
#14607 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:31 pm
I hate to say this but by the looks of the latest responses, support calls should be held off until weekdays if possible.

Wayne
#14621 by bw1
Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:42 pm
mmhe wrote:I just called Ooma supported, but after 15 min waiting and 20 min talking to the Ooma rep, he could not fix it, and resorted to the line 1 and 2 button on Ooma box to switch to and from the 2nd call; furthermore, he stated that the flash buton only works if I have the premier service, which really irritated me.

I have the simplest configuration with just the Ooma line and no Scout. Needless to say, I am very disappinted.

If you're referring to the flash button not switching lines, refer the support person to the linked topic. They should know how to update it or need training and you need to have it escalated.
#14635 by mmhe
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:24 pm
Thanks for the tip of calling support on weekday. Will do.

I pointed the rep to the thread "My flash button does not work"; when he still could not figure it out, I just gave up and hang up.
#14719 by mmhe
Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:54 pm
It turned out the problem was with my Panasonic cordless phone as I found out call waiting works fine on my traditional phone by pressing the hook. Digging into the config menu on the Panasonic, I found there is a setting on "flash time", and mine was configured at the shortest 90ms, so I prolong it to 600ms, and I am pretty sure it solves the problem.

Sorry Ooma; it's not your fault :)