Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#13561 by bw1
Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:35 pm
I may have mis-read, but it appears that Jonkee has tested and confirmed that ooma works by itself and is looking forward to the port completing and no longer having AT&T service.

It takes about 4 weeks to port in most cases. In my case, I was using ooma for about a week before I submitted my port request and it was complete in about 3 1/2 weeks. During the 4 1/2 weeks before my number ported I was using the ooma temporary number assigned to my account when I activated to make outgoing and a few incoming calls.
#13611 by niknak
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:56 am
christyb wrote:I was under the impression (from cell phone number porting) that it was a virtually instantaneous process.

Thanks for the education!!

Local number portability was originally designed so that consumers could change wireless providers quickly as you described. The government decreed a certain time frame for all wireless carriers to abide by

A few years later the law was changed to include ILECS and VOIP providers, however no time frames were included.

I have read here ports taking as few as 1 week to as much as two months - granted the ones taking 2 months usually had some problems associated with the accounts preventing port from happening.

3 to 4 weeks seems to be the average time to port for people here
#15422 by Atalante1000
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:50 am
I have a simiar issue when dialing any 800 or 877 prefix. After about 20 seconds I get a buisy signal. I have a AT&T Calvantage line in process of being ported to Ooma.

I used my mobile and the CallVantage line and in both cases confirmed the numbers are correct and working.

Anybody else having difficulaty connecting to 8XX numbers? I use it to dial-in to Teleconferences and this is a show-stopper for me. I am hopefull this will go away when porting is complete.

Can anyone confirm that 8XX work with the 0oma service?
#15424 by murphy
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:10 pm
Atalante1000 wrote:Can anyone confirm that 8XX work with the 0oma service?

Every 8xx call I have made has gone through okay.
#15425 by niknak
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:19 pm
Atalante1000 wrote:I have a simiar issue when dialing any 800 or 877 prefix. After about 20 seconds I get a buisy signal. I have a AT&T Calvantage line in process of being ported to Ooma.

I used my mobile and the CallVantage line and in both cases confirmed the numbers are correct and working.

Anybody else having difficulaty connecting to 8XX numbers? I use it to dial-in to Teleconferences and this is a show-stopper for me. I am hopefull this will go away when porting is complete.

Can anyone confirm that 8XX work with the 0oma service?

This sounds like a routing problem that ooma's telephone partner (CLEC) is having. Call ooma support with the dates and times the calls were attempted. Their tech support people should be able to resolve this
#113124 by Jan647
Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:54 am
This happens to me also. All Canadian government toll-free numbers (800, 877, etc.) are blocked this way. Today, I got a code "6129L". I purchased the unit in March 2013. Those numbers have never worked.

I purchased the base unit and the handset new including an Ooma phone number. Therefore, outside problems should not exist. By the way, I have a separate service on a different computer which works perfectly.

Ooma told me they do not support Canadian government numbers. I am having a hard time believing this. Can the Forum help me with this mystery?