Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#12343 by migstradamus
Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:38 pm
Is there no way to set the voicemail to play the newest message first instead of the oldest? This is a pretty standard feature in voicemail. If a few messages accumulate (and who doesn't rely as much on caller ID as voicemail these days) it's obnoxious to then, for example, be notified by email while out that there's a new message from an important number and then have to listen to every stored message before getting to the new one. Is there a way to set this, or a command to jump to the newest? I listened to all the config options and heard nothing similar. Thanks.

Saludos, Mig
#12344 by murphy
Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:00 pm
Configure voice mail to send you a copy of the message attached to the notification email.

Log in to the Lounge and you can play them in any order that you wish or even delete them without listening.
#12345 by migstradamus
Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 pm
Wait, the website actually works for some people? Must be nice. I can get to the main page, but most of the time clicking on anything else produces a completely blank page. For example, just now,

https://www.ooma.com/lounge/PreferencesNumbersMaster.php

gives me a blank page. As do most of the other pages. Stellar. But hey, the forums work...

I nearly always get my Ooma voicemail email notifications on my mobile, a G1 running Android. I'll try it now, or will as soon as the Lounge website is working again, but I doubt I'll be able to play either email attachments or the website audio streams. Not that I want to be downloading attachments unless there's no other method. Will give it a shot.

Even Tmobile voicemail has the option to switch to 'play newest first' so it can't be too hard...
#12346 by scottlindner
Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:35 pm
migstradamus wrote:Wait, the website actually works for some people? Must be nice. I can get to the main page, but most of the time clicking on anything else produces a completely blank page. For example, just now,

https://www.ooma.com/lounge/PreferencesNumbersMaster.php

gives me a blank page. As do most of the other pages. Stellar. But hey, the forums work...

I nearly always get my Ooma voicemail email notifications on my mobile, a G1 running Android. I'll try it now, or will as soon as the Lounge website is working again, but I doubt I'll be able to play either email attachments or the website audio streams. Not that I want to be downloading attachments unless there's no other method. Will give it a shot.

Even Tmobile voicemail has the option to switch to 'play newest first' so it can't be too hard...

Are you using Firefox?
#12351 by niknak
Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:54 pm
Also, some antivirus programs (ie: Kaspersky) cause the Lounge features to not work. Try test and disable AV then try Lounge
#12353 by bw1
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:37 pm
Also, make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed.

If your hub's play button (>) is flashing then that means you have new messages and when you press the play button, the new messages will be played first in the order that they arrived. It works the same way if I call in to get my messages.

I can also play messages that have been forwarded to me through my email (gmail). I don't have a smart phone so I've never tried on my cell phone, but others have indicated that it works correctly on the Apple iPhone now that the email attachments are mp3.