all outgoing calls defaulting to 2nd number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
quebert

all outgoing calls defaulting to 2nd number

Post by quebert » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 am

I set up a 2nd number and assigned it to my Ooma hub, now unless I dial **0XXX-XXXX my out going number is coming up as the 2nd. Even if I press 1 or 2 on my hub. I read the user guide and did not see what I'm doing/not doing here. I just want to make my 1st number the default

help? :)

thanks

Aveamantium

Re: all outgoing calls defaulting to 2nd number

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:04 pm

There is a place in the lounge where you can define what your outgoing Caller ID is... It is under the Preferences/Privacy tab.
Go AVS!

quebert

Post by quebert » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:08 pm

Hummm, mine's set to the right number but it's still displaying the secondary one. I'll figure it out, gotta be something simple.

*EDIT* seems to be working now, I clicked save in the privacy section where the 951 number was already selected and now the right number is popping up. Strange but whatever

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Glad to hear it is working for you! :)
Go AVS!

quebert

Post by quebert » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:22 pm

It works well and was very easy to set up. I'm a heavy techie guy with decades of experience but the whole process from activating to adding a 2nd number was quite painless. I also want to give Ooma props for having QOS built in to the hub. My crappy Motorola modem+router in 1 does not. I was fearing I'd have to go out and spend more money on a new wireless router to get QOS, but Ooma saved me even more money. And my QOS quality is 98%.