Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#11558 by greg0410
Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:23 pm
Since having my number port completed, the number that I had ported goes directly to voicemail. The original number that I had with Ooma still rings to my phones.
Before you ask, the envelope light is not on.
Any ideas???
#11561 by bw1
Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:41 pm
Is your brightness control knob turned all the way down, which would prevent you from seeing the envelope light being on?

Where did you port from?

Are both numbers on shared devices?

Are the numbers that are calling your phone number anonymous or blocked?
#11568 by greg0410
Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:56 am
bw1 wrote:Is your brightness control knob turned all the way down, which would prevent you from seeing the envelope light being on?

Where did you port from?

Are both numbers on shared devices?

Are the numbers that are calling your phone number anonymous or blocked?

No, the brightness knob is not turned down. Again, my original Ooma number is still ringing in.

I ported from Vonage

Yes, both numbers are on shared devices.

No, the numbers are not anonymous. I used my cell and tried both numbers, my original Ooma number rings in the house but, my ported number goes straight to voicemail.
#11572 by bw1
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 am
The reason that I asked who you ported from was because some people have had issues with Vonage not removing the ported number from their database. Is it possible you're hearing Vonage VM?

See here:
http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1602&hilit=+Port+Vonage

If that's not it, I'm not sure what else to check and you should call support.

Make note of the times and phone numbers and support can check the logs to see what's happening.
#11601 by greg0410
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:23 pm
OK, in case anyone else has the same problem that I had here I am going to do my best to explain as simply as I can the very difficult fix (solution).

First-unplug the power from the Ooma hub and count to about sixty.
Second-Plug it back in.

That's it.... LOL... Probably should have thought about doing this before posting but, who knows, maybe this will help someone else that has the same problem as me.

Also, make sure that the red envelope light on the hub and/or scout(s) is/are not on.

Again, I apologize that my fix was so technical but, I did try to explain it as simply as I could.

Have a nice day.