Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#11283 by bw1
Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:05 am
Not that I can see. Perhaps check with customer support to see if there is anything they can set on their end.
#11291 by jtykal
Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 am
edphone wrote:Is there a way for my second number not to receive any calls at all?

Interesting question. Makes me wonder -- if you don't want to accept incoming calls on your second number, why have one assigned? Ooma Premier includes an "instant second line" for making outgoing calls. If your second number is shared between your hub and scout, then you can cancel it! You can still make outgoing calls on two lines.
If you have the second number assigned privately to a scout device, then use the "Do Not Disturb" function on that device (by holding down the voicemail button until it turns solid red). This will route all incoming calls from that number directly to voicemail. Not the same as blocking the call, but you can always just ignore any messages...
#11314 by edphone
Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 pm
How do you cancel the 2nd line? Does that mean I can still use it for outgoing calls but not incoming on the second line. I need the 2nd line just for caller ID purposes but if someone tries to call that number it won't be able to get through. Kinda like the do not reply equivalent for email.
#35962 by ksega
Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:40 am
My new ooma phone number does not accept any incoming phone calls. I can make outgoing calls. The envelope button is off. When I call my new number on my landline phone a message says it says" the number has been changed or disconnected".
Does anyone have any solutions that may work?
#35972 by Groundhound
Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:12 am
ksega wrote:My new ooma phone number does not accept any incoming phone calls. I can make outgoing calls. The envelope button is off. When I call my new number on my landline phone a message says it says" the number has been changed or disconnected".

If you call your cell phone from your Ooma phone, is the caller ID number displayed on the cell phone correct?
#35979 by ksega
Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 am
Groundhound wrote:
ksega wrote:My new ooma phone number does not accept any incoming phone calls. I can make outgoing calls. The envelope button is off. When I call my new number on my landline phone a message says it says" the number has been changed or disconnected".

If you call your cell phone from your Ooma phone, is the caller ID number displayed on the cell phone correct?

yes the number comes up on my cell phone