Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#10445 by Schwulmon
Fri May 29, 2009 7:43 am
I am a new ooma user and porting should be finished next Monday (6/1).

My question is about using the multi-ring feature and routing the call to my cell phone. If my cell phone is turned off, will my ooma calls go the cell phone voicemail instead of ringing my ooma connected phones. When I receive a normal cell phone call, it goes straight to voicemail if the cell phone is turned off.

I previously had ATT CallVantage and liked the feature that when the voip adapter was turned off that you could tell it to what number you wanted as a backup to forward the call. Maybe ooma will do this someday.

Thanks
#10446 by jmassimilla
Fri May 29, 2009 8:02 am
If you have the Multiring set up to ring both your Ooma phone and cell phone, the call would end up going to your Ooma voicemail as you would have to press 1 on your cell phone to connect the call. If you have the "Ring phones connected to my Ooma system" box unchecked in the Prefernces/Calling section of the Lounge, then it is essentially a forwarded call and it should go to your cell voicemail.