Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#10336 by jerrygerard
Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 am
In my area, we get robocalls from our kids' schools. When they come in, we hear the voicemail greeting and the robocall at the exact same time (over one another).

Shouldn't the robocall start "talking" only after the beep?

With our landline service, we would get the entire robocall as a voicemail message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry
#10337 by murphy
Wed May 27, 2009 7:56 am
If your voice mail is configured to speak your name, the robot probably thinks that it has reached a person and begins its speech immediately.
#10342 by jmassimilla
Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 am
jerrygerard wrote:In my area, we get robocalls from our kids' schools. When they come in, we hear the voicemail greeting and the robocall at the exact same time (over one another).

Shouldn't the robocall start "talking" only after the beep?

I have the exact same situation with calls from the school. I also get them from the library. My voicemail announcement does not speak my name. With the library calls, it starts after the announcement. With the school, it starts as soon as the announcement starts. However, the school announcement repeats itself, so we can hear the whole thing uninterrupted. I just figured the school call was triggered by voice and the library by the beep.
#136614 by pamelaantonacci
Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:14 pm
So I'm noticing on my Telo that if an automated call comes through the greeting will overlap the recorded message so you will hear both things coming through at the same time.. meaning the recording doesn't start after the beep it starts instantly while the greeting is playing.. An example is a reminder call I get for a medication when I get this call it starts talking as soon as the answering machine picks up so what I hear on call screening is this... Telephone number 5- Did you take your med Cant take your call right now.. If you have questions about this medication please call us... simply hangup or press pound lol
#136624 by Stelcom66
Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 am
I've noticed the same thing with Robocalls, their message (sometimes) plays as soon as the Ooma voicemail greeting starts. Some don't record until after the end, sensed I assume as someone else said by the beep, or maybe silence after the greeting? In my case usually the entire message plays after my greeting. And yes, sometimes those automated calls are useful, such as a concern about unusual activity on a bank account for example.