Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#10243 by merlec92
Sun May 24, 2009 3:49 pm
excuse me if this topic exists but I could not find anything on it. I would like to know if when making a call with my cell phone I can spoof the CID using my Ooma number. I know many other services can do this. Am I missing something or is this a future feature? Thank You-
#10252 by daet
Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 pm
7604960092 wrote:excuse me if this topic exists but I could not find anything on it. I would like to know if when making a call with my cell phone I can spoof the CID using my Ooma number. I know many other services can do this. Am I missing something or is this a future feature? Thank You-

To clarify, you want calls made from your cell phone to display CID information corresponding to your Ooma number? Shouldn't that be something you request of your cell phone carrier?

DG
#10253 by merlec92
Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 pm
No not really. Most other services allow that such as Toktumi. You can make a call with your cell phone which will go through their system and display your Toktumi number thus keeping you cell # private if you wish. I chose Ooma instead for other reasons not knowing if Ooma had that feature yet.
#10281 by bw1
Tue May 26, 2009 4:38 am
7604960092 wrote:No not really. Most other services allow that such as Toktumi. You can make a call with your cell phone which will go through their system and display your Toktumi number thus keeping you cell # private if you wish. I chose Ooma instead for other reasons not knowing if Ooma had that feature yet.

I would like to see this feature from ooma as well. I use multi-ring to ring my cell phone and I've set up caller id blocking from my cell phone to keep my cell number private, but many people don't pick up when it's blocked.