Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#10047 by in2dadark
Thu May 21, 2009 7:36 am
I get a rapid clicking when I try to use my ooma service today and nothing goes through. If it does manage to go through it starts clicking in the middle of the call and disconnects me.

Last night the system went down in the middle of the night for 10 minutes or so and came right back on. Now today it won't work.

I have a porting in process and my calls are being forwarded here from that number until then. But I can't see how this could affect this. I need to make calls..Help..
#10049 by in2dadark
Thu May 21, 2009 7:53 am
Now I'm finding the calls will go through but the clicking will start in the middle of the call or as soon as I pick up the receiver. I tried shutting down the computer and the modem and just powering the modem back up and leaving the comp. off. That didn't change anything..Still clicking.

Can CS call me to listen to this clicking as the people I call can hear it too..
#10050 by WayneDsr
Thu May 21, 2009 8:11 am
This is a long shot, but are you using a cordless phone and is your router a wireless router?
If so, you may want to shut the cordless phone off completely and try a regular wired phone.

Wayne
#10059 by in2dadark
Thu May 21, 2009 9:24 am
WayneDsr wrote:This is a long shot, but are you using a cordless phone and is your router a wireless router?
If so, you may want to shut the cordless phone off completely and try a regular wired phone.

Wayne

No cordless phones in the house at all. But after speaking with tech support we've determined it's not the hub . Now reading what you've written here reminds me I did make one change recently.

I had a power cord from another deffective phone and plugged it into an older phone that has the ability to use either batteries or power to power the memory and caller ID.

That phone was downstairs. All my upstairs phones were the ones affected. So, that threw me off. When I just went down and disconnected the power cord ...poof ..back to normal. So, I guess I should have checked the output of the power cord vs. the needs of that old phone.

Somethng tells me that when I have the time to do this I'll find it's over powered for that phone. But why was it affecting the upstairs phones.. ?? Oh well. Problem solved. CS was very quick to pick up today. Thanks.

Thanks for the help...