Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111446 by Cistern
Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 am
In the past few days, we've experienced spotty usage of our Ooma service.

We can't seem to call out on occasion and we certainly can't hear anyone when they do call. The HD2 handsets are ringing and the Caller ID is working, yet some days we hear callers and can call and other days we can't.

I've checked the handsets settings and everything seems ok.

Any suggestions?

Could it be a routing issue?

I live in the 610 area code in PA and the local provider is Verizon.
#111447 by thunderbird
Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am
Cistern wrote:In the past few days, we've experienced spotty usage of our Ooma service.

We can't seem to call out on occasion and we certainly can't hear anyone when they do call. The HD2 handsets are ringing and the Caller ID is working, yet some days we hear callers and can call and other days we can't.

I've checked the handsets settings and everything seems ok.

Any suggestions?

Could it be a routing issue?

I live in the 610 area code in PA and the local provider is Verizon.

See the following topic. It may also apply to you. In any case contact Ooma Cutomer Service.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16039

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#111448 by Cistern
Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 am
Yes, thanks.

I did read and post to that thread yesterday, but figured I'd start my own, since this may be a broader issue, than just one area code.

Reading that thread seems to have garnered some reaction, although I simply cannot spend an hour on the phone with customer service trying to explain everything. I'm hoping a rep. will post here with an update or some insight.
#111449 by cawgijoe
Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:41 am
I believe I have the same issue. I received a call on my cellphone from home and there was no sound on the other end. The phone rang four times and then silence. No voicemail.

I will try and re-set the phone once I get home.

I'm in the 703 area code of Northern Virginia.

Thanks