Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111245 by EX Bell
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:11 am
Don't know if I asked this question already, but I was cleaning the top of my Telo and some combination or length of press on something made her announce, "Call Marked as New".

Cool! Now how did I do that? Would be really convenient to be able to regularly access that feature from the Telo rather than having to go online to do it. Anyone know what key combination or length of key press on the Telo does that?
#111274 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:37 pm
Maybe you pressed fast forward while a new message is played? Are you saying you marked a saved message new?

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-voicemail

Playing the next message and skipping messages

During message playback, press the fast foward button to skip to the next message.

If you play a message and find that it's not meant for you, use the fast forward button to skip the message. The message will remain marked as new, and the play button will continue to blink after you have finished listening to your other messages.
#111275 by EX Bell
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 pm
lbmofo wrote:Maybe you pressed fast forward while a new message is played? Are you saying you marked a saved message new?

Yes. I know about the skip function and how it leaves the message marked as new. This was a saved message. There was no unheard notification because all the Telo lights were solid blue. Some key combination made the Telo announce "Message Marked as New" and then the play button started flashing red.

I just don't know what I did because I was wiping the top panel, not trying to use it.
#111278 by EX Bell
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 pm
Found it. Pressing the envelop again while reviewing a saved message changes it to unheard (Mark as new). Nice!
Love the Telo. Not having to always log on to do this is a real time saver.

That was such a frustrating thing about my old answering machines. I would listen to a message that was not for me and then have remember to tell my wife about or leave a note. Both of which were prone to failure on occasion.