Telo Speaker Failure

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
dcandmc

Telo Speaker Failure

Post by dcandmc » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 pm

I think that the speaker in my Telo has failed. When listening to a VM message a few days ago, it was really scratchy, and no it's making no noise at all. I can still listen to VM messages through a handset, but I prefer to use the speaker at the Telo.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone know if this is something that I can troubleshoot and possibly repair myself? I have basic soldering skills and can use a multimeter, but I've never opened up a Telo before.

lbmofo

Re: Telo Speaker Failure

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Your volume control is turned up?
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

dcandmc

Post by dcandmc » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:39 am

lbmofo wrote:Your volume control is turned up?
Yes. I can't tell what level it's at, but when the messages are playing I cycle through the volume settings and get nothing.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 am

Make sure you haven't accidentally turned on the envelope icon by touching it which sends calls to a message instead of the speaker.

Try pressing the envelope button and then again. on/off

Donna

dcandmc

Post by dcandmc » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 am

Leeway wrote:Make sure you haven't accidentally turned on the envelope icon by touching it which sends calls to a message instead of the speaker.

Try pressing the envelope button and then again. on/off

Donna
No, the envelope icon is still blue, which means that Do Not Disturb mode has not been activated. Besides, this problem first came to light when I found that I couldn't hear voice mail messages through the Telo's speaker, which shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not Do Not Disturb mode has been activated.