Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111226 by dcandmc
Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 pm
I think that the speaker in my Telo has failed. When listening to a VM message a few days ago, it was really scratchy, and no it's making no noise at all. I can still listen to VM messages through a handset, but I prefer to use the speaker at the Telo.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone know if this is something that I can troubleshoot and possibly repair myself? I have basic soldering skills and can use a multimeter, but I've never opened up a Telo before.
#111236 by dcandmc
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:39 am
lbmofo wrote:Your volume control is turned up?

Yes. I can't tell what level it's at, but when the messages are playing I cycle through the volume settings and get nothing.
#111240 by Leeway
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 am
Make sure you haven't accidentally turned on the envelope icon by touching it which sends calls to a message instead of the speaker.

Try pressing the envelope button and then again. on/off

Donna
#111247 by dcandmc
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 am
Leeway wrote:Make sure you haven't accidentally turned on the envelope icon by touching it which sends calls to a message instead of the speaker.

Try pressing the envelope button and then again. on/off

Donna

No, the envelope icon is still blue, which means that Do Not Disturb mode has not been activated. Besides, this problem first came to light when I found that I couldn't hear voice mail messages through the Telo's speaker, which shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not Do Not Disturb mode has been activated.