Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111207 by veggiemuffin
Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 am
Yesterday I found that my incoming calls were going straight to voice mail. I fixed it by power cycling my modem, router and Telo unit. So that's fixed. Not sure what the problem was exactly but all's well that ends well. But here's my question: I have call forwarding set up to send calls to my cell phone in a network outage but no calls were forwarded to my cell phone. Was my issue not considered a network outage? Or (related) I've wondered if call forwarding should also work in an electrical outage.
#111219 by veggiemuffin
Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:04 pm
It had been that way for hours before I discovered it. My husband came home and told me he had called me 2X earlier in the day then left a voice mail. I had been home and heard no ringing. Plus no voice mail. After I realized my phone wasn't working I tried calling myself with my cell phone and the phone went directly to voice mail, and no forwarding. I checked to make sure I had set up forwarding and saw I had.
#111251 by peabody
Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 am
lbmofo wrote:If you lose network connection to your Telo, I found the forwarding of calls to work approximately after 18 minutes.

How about if you manually set the forwarding to another number, such as your cell phone? Does that go into effect immediately? And when you unforward?
#111252 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:51 am
peabody wrote:
lbmofo wrote:If you lose network connection to your Telo, I found the forwarding of calls to work approximately after 18 minutes.

How about if you manually set the forwarding to another number, such as your cell phone? Does that go into effect immediately? And when you unforward?

If you do "forward all" or "multi-ring," those would work even if network connectivity is lost. Initially, as with other settings change, sometimes, takes up to 5 minutes for the changes to take.
#112202 by Tom
Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:48 pm
I found the forwarding of calls to work approximately after 18 minutes.

There will be a server update in the next couple of weeks that will address this. Currently if you take the base offline it takes 32 min for forwarding to start working. Once this fix is released the call will forward 20 sec after the call is placed. Then after the base has been offline for 32 min call forwarding will be immediate.

Also be aware of the following:

[netout = call forward on network outage]
[CFA = call forward all]
[MR = multi-ring]

1. If the base is offline netout takes precedence over CFA or MR
[this is academic to regular users because the MyOoma UI does not allow the netout number to differ from the MR/CFA number; however if you have a need for this you can call support to make this change]

2. If the base is offline and netout is not specified then MR behaves like CFA

3. If you have MR enabled on a private device (Scout, HS, or Linx) and you take the device offline, you need to change
MR to CFA otherwise any calls to numbers associated with that device will immediately go to voicemail (netout does
not apply since the base is online). There is a delay before the base realizes a peripheral is offline (for DECT it's 15 min).

Also read viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15796&start=20
#113313 by Tom
Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 pm
Once this fix is released the call will forward 20 sec after the call is placed. Then after the base has been offline for 32 min call forwarding will be immediate.

All servers now have this fix.