Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111156 by mnschu
Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 pm
I have had Ooma Telo for about 2 years and have been very happy with it, until it stopped sending the caller ID info correctly to my phones.

The caller ID on my phone would always show the phone # and name.
However, sometime around June 12th - June 14th, the caller ID stopped displaying the name.
At first I did not think anything of it, since the number was still displayed, and I thought it was some setting on my phone. However, there is no option in my phone to disable caller ID name, so it must be a problem with Ooma.

I also checked the call logs on My Ooma, and between June 12th - June 13th, 2013, the names are no longer there for my received calls.

I know caller ID contains all this info, was there some system update around June 12th that strips the caller ID name before sending to your phone?

This was all working fine for 2 years for me, caller ID worked the same as with my old Comcast VOIP. But now it is different and everyone in my family is asking whats wrong? When I signed up, caller ID was included and always worked until now.

If anyone has any idea what could cause this please help, everyone in my family is asking me whats wrong.

Thanks,
#111157 by lbmofo
Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 am
Do you have basic service? Basic service only has callerid number. Your contacts calling would show callerid name.