Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111066 by Telo_BK
Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 pm
We have heard from a few people that they tried to call us but the call went right to voicemail. Our niece just called my wife's cellphone. I asked why she didn't call our home (as usual) and she said that it went right to voicemail. I looked at the log and the call isn't there. In fact, according to the log there are no missed calls today. I've checked a few times over the past 10 minutes or so, and there is still no record of any missed calls today. Earlier I called a friend and he said hello and goodbye. When I called him right back, he said that he didn't hear anyone on my end. Please tell me that my Telo isn't going bad already. I have 27Mbps down and 11 up. We aren't having trouble with our Internet or Wi-Fi.
#111070 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 pm
Your Telo might be losing internet connection intermittently.

Are you doing the built in modem port MAC setup?

Your DND is not turned on?

Is Ooma connected to the internet hardwired?

Call logs is fed to Ooma central via the Ooma device so unless the Ooma device rings, you won't see anything register in the call logs (unless DND is turned on).

Are your other devices losing internet connection as well? Ping Plotter might be something you are looking for in monitoring your internet connection: viewtopic.php?t=7799#p54971
#111194 by Walt999
Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 am
I have a similar problem. Someone calls and the call goes directly to voicemail. I have monitoring turned on but I do not hear them leave a message. Some time later, my phone rings. Caller ID shows the correct name and number for the person who left the message but when I pick up, I only hear a dial tone.

This has happened with friends. When I got the ring / dial tone, I called them. They have then told me about the message they left. In one instance, when I later listened to the message, it was 45 seconds long yet they answered their phone immediately, showing that the delay until my phone rang was at least 45 seconds.

I do not think this problem is related to Internet congestion. It happens fairly often with some regular callers and never with others.
#111195 by thunderbird
Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:15 am
Telo_BK wrote:We have heard from a few people that they tried to call us but the call went right to voicemail. Our niece just called my wife's cellphone. I asked why she didn't call our home (as usual) and she said that it went right to voicemail. I looked at the log and the call isn't there. In fact, according to the log there are no missed calls today. I've checked a few times over the past 10 minutes or so, and there is still no record of any missed calls today. Earlier I called a friend and he said hello and goodbye. When I called him right back, he said that he didn't hear anyone on my end. Please tell me that my Telo isn't going bad already. I have 27Mbps down and 11 up. We aren't having trouble with our Internet or Wi-Fi.

We have been having the same thing happen to us. An Ooma Telo removal of power for a few seconds, then repower the Ooma Telo fixes the problem, at least for a while for us.

I have https://www.ooma.com/app/support/voicemail-forwarding set up to send an audio file to my E-mail https://my.ooma.com/voicemail . So even though the calls aren't logged into the Call Logs and their wan't a voicemail message, it still shows up as an audio file in my E-mail.
#111196 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:10 pm
Walt999, you are saying your Telo rings well after someone leaves a message and this ring is not a new call from that user? This is new to me.

thunderbird, are you losing internet connection via wifi dongle or are you losing internet connection via ethernet?
#111201 by lbmofo
Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 pm
thunderbird wrote:The problems that we are having are purely Ooma problems. I think they know what it is, but don't know how to fix it.

Having had no problems myself, it is kind of hard to imagine this happening....
If Telo is online and the call is reaching Ooma central (callers can leave an Ooma VM), why couldn't Ooma central ring the Telo? Even if carrier problem, hard to imagine that call is reaching Ooma central and Ooma VM working and Telo not ringing. Not logical to me.
#111204 by Walt999
Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:25 pm
Ibmofo asked: "Walt999, you are saying your Telo rings well after someone leaves a message and this ring is not a new call from that user?"

Yes, that's what happens. It happened today. After posting here, I decided to try Ooma online chat. I provided them the time and calling number. They looked into it and said both of my lines were in use at the time of the call. That''s not possible; I was home alone at the time and not using the phone. And, it does not explain my phone ringing later. I have a trouble ticket number and intend to pursue it. I believe it will happen again since it has happened several times already.

I don't think resetting the Telo makes any difference. I had reset it already between the first time this happened and today.

This "feels" like a software problem. I've done a lot of real time programming and this has the feel of careless programming possibly in combination with a server that's heavily loaded.

Thanks for the replies.
#111243 by Leeway
Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:58 am
That happened to me if I was on a call, got a flash and did realize I had a flash other call or ignored it.

That call would go to my automatic second line with premier service and it would be on line 2.

I'd disconnect the call I was on and line 2 would ring and there would be no one there. It drove me nuts until I figured out what was going on.

Donna
#111248 by EX Bell
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:26 am
Possibly something wrong in current firmware. At least while I've been home to experience it, to my knowledge I have not had any calls going straight to voicemail when the phone's not in use (as of late). However, I have noticed on a few occasions (since the last firmware update) that an originating call would come in on virtual line 2, when no one was using the Telo beforehand.

I have two numbers, but no private account setup. Needs investigating by Ooma before next firmware release.