Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#110895 by romls
Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 pm
I'm new to Ooma and hope someone can help me figure out what's going on with my phone.

We ported over our number and everything went without a hitch (we thought). We can make and receive calls, with one exception. If someone calls from our former service provider, it goes straight to voicemail. I get an email confirmation that we have a voice message, but the voice message light on Oooma doesn't light up. This only happens with our former service provider; with everyone else, everything works great.

Any ideas on how I fix this? I called Ooma and they said to contact my former carrier. I called them, but did not get any help. They are a small provider that basically just services my neighborhood and some business account. (It's a long story, but we have fiber to the home, the developer owns the network and leases it to 1 provider)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
#110898 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:46 pm
That means your old service provider is not up to date with their routing. Your number went to Ooma so they need to lookup updated info in routing calls to your number. Need to call your old service provider and tell them that they are not routing calls to your number properly. In cases, their current customer may have to call to make them take the issue seriously. Also, while calling them, make sure they terminated your account and not charging you anymore after your number ported out.