Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#110211 by Telo_BK
Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 am
As far as I can tell my service in AZ was never interrupted. But if it ever is- I hope that Ooma will post status reports acknowledging the problem and their progress in solving it before they get (most) of their stuff working. It looks like they went the Corporate PR route on this one- remaining silent until the problem had passed. Ooma can and should do better.
#110215 by lbmofo
Thu May 23, 2013 11:06 am
This incident was like your internet going out....can't do nothing until they fix it.
Unlike consumer internet though, Ooma's ISP should be able to tell Ooma proactively what's going on so Ooma can in turn let customers know.
#110220 by Telo_BK
Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm
I understand that it was their ISP- Ooma should've been more forthcoming and informative before it was fixed. Presumably someone has wireless service at Ooma. Maybe they could've tweeted! Seriously, ibmofo, why not let Ooma make their own excuses! Do they pay you?
#110221 by lbmofo
Thu May 23, 2013 12:25 pm
Telo_BK wrote:why not let Ooma make their own excuses!

lbmofo wrote:Unlike consumer internet though, Ooma's ISP should be able to tell Ooma proactively what's going on so Ooma can in turn let customers know.
#110224 by Telo_BK
Thu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm
lbmofo wrote:
Telo_BK wrote:why not let Ooma make their own excuses!

lbmofo wrote:Unlike consumer internet though, Ooma's ISP should be able to tell Ooma proactively what's going on so Ooma can in turn let customers know.

Precisely the point I was making! Why do you feel it necessary to take it upon yourself to explain this? Is Ooma using you as their public relations person now? If so- it would be appropriate to disclose that.

Are you saying that Ooma didn't know their Internet service was down? My ISP never calls me to tell me- I know. And maybe Ooma did have communication with their Internet provider, did they tell you (or anyone) they did not communicate with their provider? According to customer reports on these forums, Ooma didn't communicate with their customers until after the outage had passed.

Remember, please, we're talking (mostly) about home telephone service here.
#110225 by lbmofo
Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm
Telo_BK wrote:I understand that it was their ISP- Ooma should've been more forthcoming and informative before it was fixed. Presumably someone has wireless service at Ooma. Maybe they could've tweeted! Seriously, ibmofo, why not let Ooma make their own excuses! Do they pay you?

Telo_BK wrote:Are you saying that Ooma didn't know their Internet service was down? My ISP never calls me to tell me- I know. And maybe Ooma did have communication with their Internet provider, did they tell you (or anyone) they did not communicate with their provider? According to customer reports on these forums, Ooma didn't communicate with their customers until after the outage had passed.

You know with 100% certainty that Ooma knew what the problem was before the issue was resolved? Even if they knew, given the short duration, what's wrong with telling folks the root cause/what happened after the fact? If Ooma knew this was going to take longer to fix, I am confident that they would have updated folks anyway even without the problem fixed.

You should be glad that you are dealing with a transparent and an upright company. Verizon can have LTE go belly up nationwide for a full day without letting anyone know (because they don't want to damage their image) yet people accept that as ok. People still think that they are the "best network" guys (what a load of crrrrap). Landline can go out for days without the phone company knowing (happened to my dad twice); you have to call in to tell them you have a problem yet no one sees that as out of the norm.

What we have here is a small pocket of Ooma customers without service for a few early hours because of Ooma's ISP; after problem fixed, Ooma comes out updates customers with "what happened" and people are still upset because Ooma is too slow? Be real, people!

Telo_BK wrote:Precisely the point I was making! Why do you feel it necessary to take it upon yourself to explain this? Is Ooma using you as their public relations person now? If so- it would be appropriate to disclose that.

You weren't even impacted, why are you so upset? Calm down and relax a bit. You are being overly critical of a company that does better than most companies I know in updating their customers.
#110227 by Telo_BK
Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm
...why are you so upset? Calm down and relax a bit. You are being overly critical of a company...


I'm calm, thanks- but still waiting for an explanation of why you, a peer in these forums, are the one explaining Ooma's situation and their policies. Does Ooma compensate you in any way for your efforts?

I agree with you 100% about Verizon. Ooma should be MUCH better than them.
#110228 by lbmofo
Thu May 23, 2013 7:14 pm
Telo_BK wrote:I'm calm, thanks- but still waiting for an explanation of why you, a peer in these forums, are the one explaining Ooma's situation and their policies.

Telling it like it is, from my view, is not explaining I don't think.

Telo_BK wrote:Does Ooma compensate you in any way for your efforts?

Resounding "NO." I am just a fan; because Ooma works great for me and people I know. Fan enough to refer friends/family and others to Ooma; my current referral count (known ones) is 79.
#110235 by mikemac4344
Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am
I'm not sure why we can't have it *both* ways: Ooma works great for the most part AND proactively informs their customers of what is going on.

Ooma could have let customers know on twitter, facebook, etc., when they knew. I checked their ooma_status twitter page and their fb page and saw nothing and so I tried resetting the box, swapping phone lines, etc. Until I saw that their website was down, I was under the impression that it was my equipment that was failing. Lousy, lousy customer service that shouldn't have to be defended by saying they aren't as bad as another company.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests