Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#9606 by pete3000
Wed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm
I emailed Ooma to ask about disabling the voicemail and was told that it can't be comonpletely disabled. I know for a fact I seen at least one post on here with people getting it disabled. How did you do it? I really like the voicemail but would like the option of turning it off or even turning it off completely if I wanted to use my own answering machine (or no answering service at all).

Thanks.
#9607 by WayneDsr
Wed May 13, 2009 12:40 pm
In the lounge set your ring time to be longer than your own voicemail box.

Wayne
#9611 by pete3000
Wed May 13, 2009 12:49 pm
I have done that however I still would like to disable it completely as there are times I turn off the answering machine completely- the only problem with that is now this will pick up eventually. That is something I have done though and it helps as far as being able to use a different answering device if I want to. Thanks for the reply!
#9614 by WayneDsr
Wed May 13, 2009 1:30 pm
Other than that, I don't believe you can disable ooma voicemail.

Wayne
#61989 by JoHarley
Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:44 pm
I find that if you're on the phone and a call comes in (I have the CORE service) Ooma voicemail picks up no matter how many seconds you have the voicemail pickup set to (I have mine set to 59 seconds). I also would like to completely disable the Ooma voicemail. :?
#61996 by southsound
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:49 pm
JoHarley wrote:I find that if you're on the phone and a call comes in (I have the CORE service) Ooma voicemail picks up no matter how many seconds you have the voicemail pickup set to (I have mine set to 59 seconds). I also would like to completely disable the Ooma voicemail. :?

Easy fix:
A better option:
If you contact ooma's customer support, they can manually disable it for you. Note that this is a permanent thing and cannot be restored if you change your mind.