Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#109909 by Dayvidpriddy
Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 pm
I just setup my Ooma Telo tonight (I'm a previous customer from 2009-2012), got a new system yesterday...anyways I notice that when I press the play icon on the Ooma Telo device, I hear a quick high pitched "piercing" tone...almost sounds like something ultra sonic like. I don't recall hearing this on my previous Telo but can't say that I didn't either. I've tested out all the other soft key icons on the Telo and don't hear it with any of those.

Any ideas or is this something that is known?

Thanks
#109945 by lbmofo
Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am
Dayvidpriddy wrote:Damn nobody can reply to nothing on here? This place is useless!

C'Mon now! Last couple of threads you started had replies within 10 to 20 minutes. Maybe that skewed your expectation. Not everyone can contribute to every topic so sometimes it might take some time to see a reply.

As for your question, to me, it is tough because I don't know how loud or what it really sounds like. But when I press the play button on my device, I hear a bit of hiss much like comfort noise in VoIP conversations all while the Ooma lady talks.

Perhaps, you can upload a mp3 on here so we can hear.
#110133 by tbeltz
Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 pm
Dayvidpriddy wrote:I just setup my Ooma Telo tonight (I'm a previous customer from 2009-2012), got a new system yesterday...anyways I notice that when I press the play icon on the Ooma Telo device, I hear a quick high pitched "piercing" tone...almost sounds like something ultra sonic like. I don't recall hearing this on my previous Telo but can't say that I didn't either. I've tested out all the other soft key icons on the Telo and don't hear it with any of those.

Any ideas or is this something that is known?

Thanks

Do you happen to have your telephone off hook when you push the Play icon button. If so you may be getting feedback from that, especially if they are within a close proximity to one another.